Running on Empty-Caring for Yourself While Caring for Others; An Evening with Rocky Bleier
Post pandemic compassion fatigue and self care will be addressed. The session will help participants identify and gain coping mechanisms for personal growth and become aware of supportive avenues. The course also reviews a motivational approach to optimism in difficult situations and life.
By the completion of this session, participants should be able to:
1. Discuss the personal mechanisms in overcoming adversity
2. Identify key coping skills & self care-techniques when facing adversity
3. Explore opportunities for community support & extended support groups
Wednesday, November 3, 2021 from 4:30pm-7:30pm
910 Sheraton Drive
Mars, PA 16046
4:30pm-5pm: Registration/ Vendor Booths
5pm-5:30pm: Ed Lewis, STL, MPM- Compassion Fatigue & Self-Care
5:30pm-6pm: DINNER/ BREAK
6pm-7:30pm: Rocky Bleier- Perseverance: Overcoming Obstacles
Ed Lewis, STL, MPM
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This activity is approved for the following credit AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ and ANCC. Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
The University of Pittsburgh designates this live activity for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit[s]™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The CCEHS is not responsible for approval of statements for other types of credit not awarded by CCEHS.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 2.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 2.00 Attendance