This program is being presented as a means of helping our AOA programs complete the necessary requirements to lead to ACGME accreditation or obtain osteopathic recognition under the new single accreditation system. A shared area of concern in applications pertains to the lack of research opportunities and scholarly work for AOA faculty. This program highlights prospective ways to address these issues with the support of UMPC Medical Education.
Participants will be able to:
1. Define lifestyle medicine (LM) and its 6 pillars.
2. Compare/contrast LM to other fields.
3. List UPMC LM resources.
Coaching and Mentoring
• Recognize the differences between coaching, advising, mentoring, and sponsorship.
• Discuss the main tenets of coaching.
• Integrate the intentional change model into a coaching session.
VIRTUAL TEAMS CONFERENCE
No members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 5.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 5.50 Attendance