Enhancing Teaching Skills for Medical Educators (online): Make It Stick: Applying the Science of Learning to the Art of Teaching
- Summarize the educational resources and support services found through the UPMC Health Sciences Digital Library (HSDL)
- Overview of key resources for answering clinical questions: Up To Date, Pub Med, Clinical Key, Access Medicine and Cochrane.
- Review of HSDL case files for clinical instruction
- Describe services provided by UPMC librarians to support scholarly activities including literature searches, document delivery, and citation management.
- Outline tips on overcoming barriers and offer support solutions.
Maggie Benson, MD MS,
Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine
Barbara Barnes, MD MS
Associate Vice Chancellor, Continuing Education and Industry Relationships, University of Pittsburgh
VP, Sponsored Programs, Research Support, and CME, UPMC
No members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 Attendance