Enhancing Teaching Skills for Medical Educators (Online): Small Group Teaching
“Small Group Teaching” is a learning module created for medical educators as part of the “Enhancing Teaching Skills Lunchtime Webinar Series.” The goal of this series is to enhance core teaching and scholarship skills for medical educators of both medical students and residents throughout the UPMC system. The webinar series occurs live through Skype Meeting from 12:15-1:00PM every other month during the academic year. If you would like to be invited to participate in the live webinar, please email Maggie Benson at email@example.com.
Medical educators of both medical students and residents.
- Review the advantages to teaching and learning in small groups
- Learn techniques for preparing to facilitate a small group session
- Learn facilitation strategies to involve all learners in small group discussion
- Discuss strategies for managing challenging learners in small group discussions
Maggie Benson, MD MS
Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine
No members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 Attendance