In Time of Crisis: Meeting the Mental Health Challenges
Physician and Psychologist.
September 19, 2022
8:00 AM Breakfast/Time for Networking
8:30 AM Welcome/Introduction of Attendees and Preliminary Comments
Ken Thompson, PPLC Medical Director
8:45 AM Objectives/Goals for Day
Alison Swigart, COE Planning Committee Co-Chair
9:00 AM Keystone Presentation: The National Mental Health Crisis
Introduction/Moderator: Ken Thompson
Presenter: Ben Miller (Via Livestream)
10:00 AM Networking Break
10:15 AM Addressing the Current Mental Health Workforce Crisis in Pennsylvania
Introduction/Moderator: Julia Macedo, COE Planning Committee Co-Chair
• Workforce Needs from the BHMCO Perspective/Focus on Rural Health Needs: Geoff Neimark (CCBH)
• Telehealth: Gina Perez (UPMC/WPIC)
• Racial Equity/Systemic Racism/Cultural Humility: Sosunmolu Shoyinka (DBHiDS)
• Boots on the Ground: Putting COE Fellowship into Practice: Nils Magnusson (Minded/Dickinson Center) and Monique Simpson (UPMC-tentatively scheduled)
• Questions and Answers
11:15 AM Networking Break
11:30 AM Addressing Access to Care in Pennsylvania
Introduction/Moderator: Wes Sowers, COE Planning Committee
• 988: Anna Kennedy (Touchstone Foundation) and Dale Adair (Medical Director, OMHSAS)
• Whole Person Health Care: Eleanor Anderson (UPENN)
• Rural Health Needs: Sally Walker (BHARP)
• Expanding Access to Quality Substance Use Treatment: Hope Selarnick, PaPS President
• Questions and Answers
12:30 PM Networking Lunch: Honoring Those Legends Who Have Influenced Us
Honoring David Dinich
12:45 PM Addressing Violence and Creating Safe, Healthy Environments
Introduction: Deborah Ann Shoemaker, PPLC Consultant
Presenter: The Honorable Todd Stephens (Tentatively Scheduled)
1:30 PM Solutions to the Problem from the PPLC Perspective- LOCUS
Introduction/Moderator: Mary Anne Albaugh, COE UPMC Rural Health
Presenter-Wes Sowers (UPMC/WPIC)
2:15 PM Solutions to the Problem from the PPLC Perspective- SMART Tool
Introduction/Moderator: Mary Anne Albaugh
Presenter(s)- Rachel Talley (UPENN) and Sosunmolu Shoyinka (DBHiDS)
3:00 PM Networking Break
3:15 PM Solutions to the Problem from the PPLC Perspective- Innovation: Workforce Development
Presenter- Stan Mrozowski, PPLC Consultant
4:00 PM Solutions to the Problem from the PPLC Perspective- Innovation: ICT
Presenter- Ken Thompson
4:45 PM Today’s Highlights/Attendee Comments
5:00 PM Adjourn
Hybrid meeting with options for in-person or virtual attendance.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the University of Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania Psychiatric Leadership Council (PPLC). The University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 7.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 7.50 Attendance
Registration is required!
Participation by all individuals is encouraged. Advance notification of any special needs will help us provide better service. Please notify us of your needs at least two weeks in advance of the program by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please contact:
Please RSVP at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/in-times-of-crisis-meeting-the-mental-health-challenges-tickets-