TRISTATE REGIONAL LIVER TRANSPLANT ANESTHESIOLOGY CONFERENCE
This SATA regional meeting is to provide the audience the updated knowledge on several critical management issues in abdominal transplant patients.
Transplant anesthesiologists, intensivists, transplant surgeons, residents, and fellows.
1. Learn about the concept of frailty and its importance in evaluation/management and outcomes for abdominal transplant recipients
2. Discuss indications and practical considerations for use of veno-venous bypass in liver transplantation and advanced hepatobiliary surgery
3. Review strategies for prevention and treatment of acute kidney injury in liver transplantation
4. Learn about strategies to improve graft quality in donation after circulatory determination of death in organ transplantation, including machine perfusion
5. Review ethical and practical considerations in organ donation after circulatory determination of death
6. Discuss administrative considerations in managing a transplant anesthesiology service line and fellowship
9:00 - 9:30: Breakfast and Welcome: Christine Lennon M.D.
9:30 - 10:30: Perioperative considerations
Frailty in abdominal transplant- Joseph Scarpa, M.D. and Rohan Panchamia M.D.
Veno-venous bypass in liver transplantation- Juan Rocca M.D.
ICU Management: postoperative acute kidney injury in liver transplantation- Christopher Tam M.D.
10:30 – 10:45: Break
10:45 – 11:30: Donor considerations
DCD donation and NRP-Zeeshan Ahktar M.D.
DCD practical and ethical considerations- Christine Lennon M.D.
11:30 – 12:15: Lunch
12:15 – 1:15: Administrative considerations
Anesthesiologist as the perioperative physician: the transplant anesthesiology model- Ranjit Deshpande M.D.
Transplant anesthesiology service considerations- Joseph Yeh M.D.
Transplant anesthesiology fellowship considerations- Natalie Smith M.D.
1:15 – 1:45: Keynote address: Tetsuro Sakai M.D.
1:45 – 2:00 Closing Remarks: Gebhard Wagener M.D.
Directions to Weill Auditorium (C-200)
Enter the medical school at 1300 York Avenue.
After you go through security, proceed to the second floor via the stairs or elevator.
As you exit the staircase, make a left and walk down the hall. C-200 will be on the right
Organizing Committee Members
• Ranjit Deshpande, M.D., FCCM (Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT)
• Christine Lennon, M.D., (Weill Cornell Medicine, New York, NY)
• Marina Moguilevitch, M.D., (Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY)
• Natalie Smith, M.D., (The Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY)
• Gebhard Wagener, M.D., (Columbia University Irving Medical Center, New York, NY)
• Joseph Yeh, M.D., (NYU Langone Health, New York, NY)
• Joseph Scarpa, M.D., (Weill Cornell Medicine, New York, NY)
• Rohan Panchamia M.D., (Weill Cornell Medicine, New York, NY)
• Juan Rocca M.D., (Weill Cornell Medicine, New York, NY)
• Christopher Tam M.D., (Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY)
• Zeeshan Ahktar M.D., (The Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY)
• Tetsuro Sakai M.D., (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA)
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh designates this live activity for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 4.00 Attendance
Registration Fees and Link:
Complimentary Registration if no CME credits are required
$30.00 for SATA and SCA Members – CME Credits Needed
$60.00 for Non-SATA and SCA Members – CME Credits Needed
Meeting ID: 977 5076 1082