Ultrasound for Anesthesiologists
Pediatric Primary Care Physicians, Family Practice Physicians, and Advanced Practice Providers (PA, DNP, CRNP) who practice in the northwestern, and northern southwestern PA counties.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Understand the basics of ultrasound and ultrasound machine knobology for image optimization.
- Learn basic transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography views Learn non cardiac point of care ultrasound utilities Learn the practical problem based approach of using point of care ultrasound in the operating room and intensive care unit Understand regional anesthesia anatomy.
- Understand the recent advances in nerve blocks commonly used in anesthesia.
- Understand the procedure of performing regional nerve blocks.
- Prepare for the basic echocardiography boards conducted by National Board of Echocardiography.
This activity is approved for the following credit: AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 0.25 Attendance