7th Annual Comprehensive Wound Care Symposium: A Practical Approach to Implementing The Latest Strategies
The goal of this symposium is to provide a comprehensive overview on the treatment of wound care-related issues and innovations in the field.
This course is intended for physicians, nurses, physical therapists, podiatrists, advanced practice providers, and all clinicians involved in wound healing or wound care issues. Course material will benefit both novice and experienced clinicians.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of compression therapy
- Identify the potential benefits of hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Increase understanding of integrative therapies that enhance healing
- Examine the connection between bioburden and wound healing
- Review new protocols for the treatment of osteomyelitis
- Compare and contrast venous and arterial disease states
- Increase awareness of ostomies and associated skin complications
- Discuss the diabetic foot, IWGDF guidelines, and offloading options
- Describe exercise guidelines that positively impact wound healing
- Increase knowledge around lymphedema and associated complications
- Examine the components of advanced wound dressings and biologics
- Review pressure injury prevention and treatments
- Understand current strategies for navigating the reimbursement landscape
Click here to book your stay at The Pittsburgh Marriott Center at a discounted rate, or call 412-471-4000. Mention the UPMC Wound Symposium to get a rate of $159 p/night plus applicable taxes/fees.
Chatham Center Parking rates are $30.00 for valet or $26 for garage per day. Daytime garage rates are $14.00 per day. (attached to the Marriot)
J. Peter Rubin, MD, FACS
Director, UPMC Wound Healing Services
UPMC Endowed Professor and Chair of Plastic Surgery
Member, Steering Committee for the NIH/NIDDK Diabetic Foot Ulcer Research Consortium
Elizabeth Shumaker, MSN, RN
Sr. Director of Operations, UPMC Wound Healing Services
Jodi Boory, BSN, RN, CRRN, CHRN, CWCA, OMS
Brian Connor, BA, MA
Edward I. Harrison, MBA
Lori O’Shea, BSN, RN, WOCN
Susan Rolniak St. John, MSN, CRNP
Patsy Simon, BS, RN, CCRC, CCRA, ACRP-PM
Cecelia Zamarripa, MSN, RN, CWON, PhDc
This activity is approved for the following credit: AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 0.25 Attendance
**Preconference workshop complimentary and only available with full conference registration**
All cancellations must be in writing and sent to us via U.S. mail, email, or fax (see contact information below). Tuition for cancellations postmarked or date stamped before August 21, 2020 will be refunded in full. After August 21, 2020, a $25 administrative fee will be assessed, the remaining amount refunded, and no refunds will be made after September 4, 2020.
Cancellation requests can be made to:
2030 Mackenzie Way Suite 400
Cranberry Township, PA 16066
Please visit https://www.upmcphysicianresources.com/events/091220-wound-care-symposium to learn more about this year’s program, or email Brian Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the UPMC Wound Research Alliance (WRA), please contact Patsy Simon at email@example.com.