WTA: Summer/Fall 2023 Course
The Wound Treatment Association (WTA) Program is a Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses (WOCN®) Society-endorsed educational program geared toward licensed professionals. The WTA Program can help you with daily patient monitoring, pressure injury prevention and basic wound management to improve outcomes for your patients. If you are a Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, a physical therapist, or a physician with an interest in skin care, you are eligible to take part in this comprehensive certificate program!
Earn 32.5 Continuing Education Credits and a certificate verifying that you have completed the program. Physical Therapists and PTA’s earn 21 Continuing Competence Units, along with the certificate verifying program completion.
The course is a web based, asynchronous educational program that guides the participant through the program utilizing narrated PowerPoint presentations and videos. All coursework is to be completed on your own time including the two 8-hour live competency days unless otherwise arranged with your unit manager.
Course coordinators are available to answer any questions you might have along the way. After completing the lessons, you will take a timed online test and participate in a clinical skills competency test.
Upon successful completion on the WTA Course and accumulate 16 clinical hours under the direct supervision of an expert in wound care, you are eligible to sit for the WTA certification course through the WOCNCB®.
Once received, applications will be reviewed, and a notification email will be sent to accepted participants that have been accepted into this cohort.
After you have received your acceptance notification, you will receive payment information. After we receive notification of payment, the course coordinators will register you into the course. Shortly after you are registered into the WTA course, you will receive an email from Digitellinc explaining “How to access the course.” Please contact a course coordinator if you have any questions about this process.
Tuesday July 11, 2023
Thursday September 14, 2023 UPMC Passavant Hospital McCandless Campus / UPMC Carlisle
Thursday September 21, 2023– UPMC Passavant Hospital McCandless Campus
UPMC Passavant McCandless
Accreditation: CE Accreditation of the WTA Course
1. The Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society is an accredited provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
2. Accreditation refers to educational content only and does not imply endorsement of any product or service by the ANCC, CBRN or the WOCN Society.
3. Licensed nurses who complete this course will be awarded 32.25 contact hours (for nurses) or 21.0 CCUs (for PTs and PTAs).
Instructions to Register
Registering online is the quickest and easiest way to reserve your space at CCEHS conferences.
• Visit our online registration site at: https://cce.upmc.com
• Here is the direct link to register: https://cce.upmc.com/wta-summerfall-2023-course
• Choose a registration category then click add to cart. Enter all the requested information. After registering, an electronic confirmation will be sent to you. Online registration is complete upon receipt of a confirmation email. If you do not receive the confirmation email immediately, please contact Janet Mullen at Mulljl2@upmc.edu.
Cost of Course:
UPMC employee: $275
Non UPMC: $350
Friday June 23, 2023
Friday July 7, 2023