6th Annual UPMC Hip Preservation Program Conference: Impact of Femoral and Acetabular Version on Periarticular Hip Pathology: Evaluation and Management
We designed this course for physicians, physician assistants, physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, and athletic trainers to better assist with the evaluation and management of femoral and acetabular version on periarticular hip pathology.
1. Attendees will be able to improve understanding of assessment including physical and radiological examination of femoral and acetabular version
2. Attendees will be better able to articulate effect of version on hip function
3. Attendees will better understand key rehabilitation principles in both non-operative, pre-operative and post-operative management of femoral and acetabular version in patients with hip pain
4. Attendees will have better understanding of appropriate referral sources and provide a collaborative approach to treating complex hip conditions.
Schedule: Saturday, May 13, 2023 Virtual Meeting
8:00 Dr. Craig Mauro: Introduction
8:05 Dr. Anil Ranawat: Impact of femoral and acetabular version on hip mechanics and pathology
8:30 Keelan Enseki: Physical Evaluation of hip and hip version
8:50 Dr. Andrew Curley: Radiographic assessment of version
9:05 Dave Spaeder General Rehabilitation Principles in patients with hip version
9:20 Dr. Dan Lueders Ultrasound assessment of ischiofemoral impingement
BREAK (Panel Discussion or Chat Q/A)
9:45 Dr. Mike Ryan: Surgical management of femoral version
10:15 Mike Mcclincy: Surgical management of acetabular version
10:45 Justin Arner: Ischiofemoral impingement
BREAK (Panel Discussion of Chat Q/A)
11:15 Ashley Disantis: Rehabilitation principles following PAO/Derotational Osteotomy
11:30 Kate Jochimsen: Psychological Factors associated with patients with hip-related pain
11:45-12 Adjourn and final Q/A
Craig Mauro, MD
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
David Spaeder, PT, DPT, OCS, SCS
UPMC Rehabilitation Institute
Michael Ryan, MD
Andrews Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center
Anil Ranawat, MD
Hospital for Special Surgery
All individuals in a position to control the content of this education activity have disclosed all financial relationships with any companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
All of the relevant financial relationships for the individuals listed below have been mitigated.
Craig Mauro, MD consultant for Arthrex, Inc.
Anil Ranawat, MD consultant for Smith & Nephew, Anika, BODYCAD, Cervos, Xiros, Moximed, NewClip. He also receives Grant/Research support through the DOD. Also, he is a private stockholder of Enhatch, Conformis.
Keelan Enseki, MD is a consultant for Turning Point Healthcare Solutions, LLC.
No other members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 3.75 Attendance
The registration fee is $50. Online registration is accepted until May 12, 2023.
• Click on All Registrants then add to cart to proceed to checkout.
• After registering, an electronic confirmation will be sent to the email address you provided us when you registered.
All cancellations must be sent via email to email@example.com.Cancellations received before 5/5/23 will be refunded in full. After 5/5/23 a $50 fee will be assessed and no refunds will be made.
Registration Categories and Fees
Registration is $50 for all participants.
• Continuing medical education credit
• Registration and course material
More information, including a registration link and link to join the conference, to follow. Please contact David Spaeder at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.