Physician Leadership Essentials (Cohort U) Day 8.9.23
The UPMC Physician Leadership Essentials program is part of a multi-year comprehensive approach to physician leadership development which will focus on multiple interventions over time to address the development needs of the entire physician employment life cycle.
The goal is to cover various leadership and management topics
1) Create and sustain skilled physician leaders that cultivate both successful patient and business outcomes
2) Establish a culture of learning that addresses physician leaders learning needs and styles
3) Invest in the next generation of physician leaders
4) Integrate physicians in the UPMC Experience/Patient Experience culture
8:30am – 9:00am
Welcome and Day 1 Review
Fostering a Healthy Culture
9:00 am – 10:15 am
Building a Cohesive Team
10:15 am – 10:30 am
10:30 am – 12:00 pm
Leveraging Your Team’s Strengths
12:00 pm – 12:45 pm
12:45 pm – 3:00 pm
3:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Leadership Challenge, Next Steps, & Closing
- Fostering a Healthy Culture
- Building a Cohesive Team
- Effective Communication
- UPMC Experience
- Martina Bison-Huckaby, Manager, Physician Learning and Development, UPMC Corporate Services
- Christine Hughes, Senior Learning Specialist, Physician Learning and Development, UPMC Corporate Services
- Ashley Southworth, Learning Coordinator, Physician Learning and Development, UPMC Corporate Services
No members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any proprietary entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh School designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 6.00 Attendance