PANCREASFEST 2022: PANCREAS 360
PancreasFest 2022: Pancreas 360° (PF22) is an accredited educational program designed for pancreatologists, gastroenterologists, surgeons, pediatricians, pathologists, radiologists, and all interested medical professionals committed to pancreas disease management. 2022 highlights will include pancreatitis, pancreatic cancer, a pancreatic pain section, and a special pediatric pancreatitis feature. PF22 will be held at the University of Pittsburgh’s William Pitt Student Union on July 21 & 22, 2022. A welcome reception will be held on Wednesday evening, July 20, 2022.
This course is designed for gastroenterologists, surgeons, oncologists, radiologists, basic and clinical researchers and general physicians interested in pancreatic diseases. Physicians and scientists interested in translational research, cooperative studies and career development are encouraged to attend. Advanced providers, clinical and research nurses and related health care professionals interested in pancreatic disease research and treatments should also attend.
* Partner with other academic, clinical, and research pancreas groups to discussion collaborative, patient-centered care.
* Identify advancements in pancreas care, especially related to pancreatitis, pancreatic cancer, pancreas surgery, and advancements to ease pancreatic pain.
* Address pediatric pancreatitis care, especially related to drug trials for children and research collaborations.
* Foster the development of multidisciplinary, fluid, and interactive models to treat pancreas diseases.
Wednesday July 20, 2022
5:00-7:30 pm Welcome Reception at Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center
Thursday July 21, 2022
7:30 Registration, Visit Exhibitors
8:00 Welcome to PancreasFest 2022
David C. Whitcomb, MD, PhD
8:05 Session I: Acute Pancreatitis
Moderators: Andres Gelrud, MD, MMSc and Bechien Wu, MD
8:05 Acute Pancreatitis in Children - Maisam Abu-El-Haija, MD, MS
9:35 Break, Visit Exhibitors, Posters
Session II: Chronic Pancreatitis and Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency
Moderators: Stephen Pandol, MD and Sarah Jane Schwarzenberg, MD
11:20 Session III: New Directions in Pancreatitis
Moderators: Sohail Husain, MD and C. Mel Wilcox, MD
12:10 Break, Visit Exhibitors, Pick Up Lunch, Posters (not accredited)
Poster Presenters will be at their posters for discussion between
12:30 and 1:30 pm
Poster Reviewers and Moderators: Kathryn Albers, PhD and Jami Saloman, PhD
1:30 CAPER Annual Meeting, Introductions, and Travel Awards
Maisam Abu-El-Haija, MD, MS
2:10 Young Investigator Lectures: The Future of Pancreatology
Moderators: Maisam Abu-El-Haija, MD, MS and Samuel Han, MD, MS
2:25 Leptin Expression and Chachexia in Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma Andrea Riner, MD, MPH
2:55 Discussion with Mentor and Scholarship Awardees
3:10 Session V: Plenary Lecture on the Future of Medicine
Moderator: David C Whitcomb MD PhD
3:10 Digital Therapeutics and Chronic Disease Management: A Case Study in Diabetes - Anand Iyer PhD
3:40 Discussion with Dr. Iyer
3:45 Break, Visit Exhibitors, Posters [Directions to breakout sessions]
Adjourn PF22 Day I (Posters Open through 4:00 pm).
4:15- Independent Research Meetings (not accredited)
5:30 Open and closed research meetings among researchers, research groups, nonprofits and industry will occur between 4:15 to 5:30 pm. Attendees are welcome to attend any of the open meetings of their choice, or guests may revisit the conference posters. Meetings will be announced prior to the conference and will be posted during the conference.
6:30-9:30 pm: Social Gathering at Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
Friday July 22, 2022
7:00 to 8:45 am = Concurrent INSPPIRE/PEDS and Pancreatic Cancer
6:45 Registration and Continental Breakfast for Pediatric Group
7:00 Session VI-A: Pediatric Pancreas Disease
7:00 Welcome to PancreasFest 2022 Day Two
Maisam Abu-El-Haija, MD, MS and Aliye Uc, MD
7:05 INSPPIRE Breakfast Meeting (not accredited)
Aliye Uc, MD
7:45 Pediatric Pancreatitis Case Studies
Moderators: Mark E. Lowe, MD, PhD and Veronique Morinville, MD
8:15 Discussion - Add Moderator
(8:45 = Rejoin PF22 plenary sessions or continue to meet separately through 9:50 am)
7:30 Registration, Continental Breakfast, and Visit Exhibitors
8:00 Welcome to PancreasFest 2022 – Day Two
Randall E. Brand, MD
8:05 Session VI-B: Pancreatic Cancer
Moderators: Alessandro Paniccia, MD and Roby Thomas, MD
9:50 Break & Visit Exhibitors
10:05 Session VII: Burning Issues in Pancreatic Pain
Moderators: Vikesh Singh, MD, MS & Jami Saloman, PhD
11:10 Session VIII: Brufsky Award
Moderator: Randall E. Brand, MD
11:45 Discussion (15)
12:00 Break, Visit Exhibitors, and Lunch (Posters dismantled by 1:00 pm)
12:45 Session IX: Pancreatic Cysts: Pathogenic or Benign?
Moderators: Randall E. Brand, MD and Jeffrey J. Easler, MD
2:00 Session X: Management of Pancreatic Necrosis and Walled-Off Pancreas Necrosis
Moderators: Steven Hughes, MD and Gregory Coté, MD, MS
3:45 Adjourn PF22
~4:30 to 7 pm Reception: At home of Dr. David Whitcomb
PF22 will be held at the University of Pittsburgh’s William Pitt Student Union on July 21 & 22, 2022. A welcome reception will be held on Wednesday evening July 20, 2022 at 5:00-7:30 pm.
PF22 Course Co-Directors:
Nathan Bahary, MD, PhD Steven J. Hughes, MD
Randall E. Brand, MD Aliye Uc, MD
Gregory A. Coté, MD, MS David C. Whitcomb, MD, PhD
Course Faculty Disclosures
All individuals in a position to control the content of this education activity including members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, and/or content reviewers have disclosed all relevant financial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients.
All of the relevant financial relationships for the individuals listed below have been mitigated:
▪ Dr. Melena Bellin receives grant/research support from Viacyte and Dexcom, and she is a consultant with Ariel Precision Medicine. She is also a DSMB member for Insulet.
▪ Dr. Randall Brand receives grant/research support from Freenome and Immunovia. He is also a consultant with Immunovia.
▪ Dr. Marinus (Marco) Bruno receives grant/research support from Boston Scientific, Cook Medical, Pentax Medical, Mylan, and ChiRoStim. He is also a consultant with Boston Scientific, Cook Medical, and Pentax Medical, with funding from these three consulting companies going directly to his institution.
▪ Dr. James Buxbaum receives grant/research support from Medtronic and Calcimedica, and he is a consultant with Boston Scientific, Olympus, and Cook Medical.
▪ Dr. Gregory Coté is a consultant with Olympus Corporation.
▪ Dr. Jeffrey Easler receives grant/research support from the National Institutes of Health and Boston Scientific.
▪ Dr. Christopher Forsmark is a consultant with Nestle HealthCare Nutrition Inc, Parexel International Corporation, & Medialis LTD.
▪ Dr. Andres Gelrud is a consultant with AbbVie Pharmaceuticals, where is he is also on the AbbVie speakers’ bureau.
▪ Dr. Yasmin Hernandez-Barco receives grant/research support from HealthiVibe for Nestle Health Science.
▪ Dr. Sohail Husain receives grant/research support from Servier.
▪ Dr. Anand Iyer is a stockholder with Welldoc, Inc.
▪ Dr. Eugene Koay receives grant/research support from Nanbiotix, Elekta, Philips Healthcare, GE Healthcare, and Stand Up 2 Cancer. He is also a consultant with AstraZeneca, iO Life Sciences, and RenovoRx.
▪ Dr. Mark Lowe receives royalties from Sigma Millipore and UpToDate.
▪ Dr. Veronique Morinville is a consultant with Nutricia.
▪ Dr. Tonya Palermo is a consultant with Mahana Therapeutics.
▪ Dr. Stephen Pandol is a stockholder with Avenzoar Pharmaceuticals, Lucid Science, and Phyteau, Inc.
▪ Dr. Georgios Papachristou receives grant/research support from the NIDDK, DOD, and AbbVie, and he is a consultant for Nestle Health Science and Olympus.
▪ Dr. Walter Park receives grant/research support from AbbVie and Acumen, and he is a consultant for Ionis, Ariel Precision Medicine, Nestle Health Science, Olympus, and Samsung. He is also a stockholder with Arctx Medical.
▪ Dr. Flavio Rocha receives grant/research support from Gunze, and he is a consultant with Medtronic, AstraZeneca, and Oncosil.
▪ Dr. Sarah Jane Schwarzenberg receives grant/research support from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, and she is a consultant with AbbVie, Mirium, Renexxion Ireland, and Anionix.
▪ Dr. Vikesh Singh receives grant/research support from Orgenesis, Theraly, and AbbVie, and he is a consultant for AbbVie and Ariel Precision Medicine. He is also a stockholder with Kyttaro. Dr. Singh is also on the scientific advisory board for Kyttaro.
▪ Dr. Nikhil Thiruvengadam receives grant/research support from Boston Scientific.
▪ Dr. Andrew Trout receives grant/research support from Canon Medical Systems, Siemens Healthineers, and Perspectum, and he is a consultant with Lantheus.
▪ Dr. David Whitcomb is a consultant with Nestle Health Science, Regeneron, and Ariel Precision Medicine, and he is a stockholder with Ariel Precision Medicine.
No other planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 13.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 13.00 Attendance
By: July 7, 2022
After: July 7, 2022
Full Program for INDUSTRY/PHARMA
Full Program for PHYSICIANS/FACULTY
Full Program for PHYSICIANS/FACULTY
Full Program for TRAINEES/APPs/NURSES/OTHER
Full Program for TRAINEES/APPs/NURSES/OTHER
THURS 7/21/22 EVENING @ PHIPPS CONSERVATORY
All cancellations must be sent via email to email@example.com. Cancellations received before 07/07/22 will be refunded in full. After 07/08/22, a $25 fee will be assessed, and no refunds will be made after 07/15/22.
Participation by all individuals is encouraged. Advance notification of any special needs will help us provide better service. Please notify us of your needs at least two weeks in advance of the program by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please contact Joy Jenko Merusi at email@example.com.